dglobalnews.com Mother Arrested, Admits to Leaving Children in Hot Car
Published: Mon, June 26, 2017
National | By Glenda Ortiz

Mother Arrested, Admits to Leaving Children in Hot Car

Mother Arrested, Admits to Leaving Children in Hot Car

The charges come almost a month after she discovered her 2-year-old daughter Juliet Ramirez and 16-month-old son Cavanaugh Ramirez unresponsive inside her vehicle, on a day when temperatures reached the mid-90s.

Cynthia Randolph of Weatherford, Tex. was arrested Friday on two counts of causing serious bodily harm to a child.

The story changed on Friday. When the 2-year-old refused, she said she shut the door to teach her daughter a "lesson".

Randolph allegedly returned around three hours later after having smoked marijuana in her home and found her children unconscious in the vehicle. She was booked into the Parker Country Jail on Friday. Before calling police, she reportedly smashed the car's window in order to make it look like an accident. The website noheatstroke.org says humans enter heat stroke - a potentially fatal condition - at 104 degrees.

Camden tower block evacuated in wake of fatal Grenfell Tower fire
Heartbreaking messages written on red London Fire Brigade T-shirts offer poignant tributes alongside flowers, toys and candles. It came as four more victims of Grenfell Tower were formally identified, taking the known victims of the fire to nine.

In later interviews with Randolph, the sheriff's department said she "created several variations of the events which led to the death of her children", according to the Dallas Morning News. The children were pronounced dead at 4:33 p.m.

She then told officers she had to break a window to rescue the kids, then called 911, authorities said. After about an hour, she left the house to look for her children and found them locked inside the auto with her keys and cellphone. When she woke up hours later, she discovered that both her children were still inside the auto and were already unconscious.

She said when she noticed they were no longer there, she went looking for them and found them about a half-hour later locked in the auto.

Ms Randolph initially said they were exposed to extreme temperatures inside the vehicle for no longer than an hour. She said they "took off". Randolph will go before a judge for a bond hearing and more details will be revealed regarding the charges she'll face.

Like this: