dglobalnews.com Phoenix serial killing suspect arrested in deaths of 7
Published: Tue, May 09, 2017
National | By Glenda Ortiz

Phoenix serial killing suspect arrested in deaths of 7

Phoenix serial killing suspect arrested in deaths of 7

The gunman who terrorized Phoenix previous year with a series of seemingly random shootings - killing nine people in four months - is behind bars, police said Monday.

A man was arrested Monday in a string of serial killings that rattled a Phoenix neighborhood previous year, marking a major break in a case that involved nine deaths and a dozen separate shootings.

Tips from the public led to Saucedo being linked to last year's killings, Williams said.

Police on Monday announced the arrest of a 23-year-old suspect in connection to the Serial Street Shooter case in Arizona in 2016.

Police previously said at least seven people were killed and two others wounded over a four-month period previous year.

Nine people were killed and two injured in the shootings, which began in west Phoenix's Maryvale neighborhood.

Phoenix police say that they have " a wide host of evidence", that includes ballistics, witnesses and forensic evidence connecting Saucedo to the deaths of at least nine.

Saucedo was booked on 26 felony counts, including homicide, assault and drive-by shooting.

Salman Khan to launch Mouni Roy
Model turned actress from West Bengal's Cooch Behar, Mouni Roy is a household name in India due to her work in television. Even though no one has confirmed these reports but, this looks like one surprising news for all Mouni Roy fans.

Police have not offered a motive in the street killings.

Aaron Juan Saucedo, 23, had been arrested last month in connection with the August 2015 murder of his mother's boyfriend, 61-year-old Raul Romero. Police say tips from the community resulted in his arrest. He was charged with murder in that case on April 21.

The targets of the serial shooter included men, women and children, many of them ambushed near their homes, between August 2015 and July 2016. According to the complaint in the Romero case, Salcedo said he did not commit that crime.

ABC15 reported that evidence collected during a string of Phoenix freeway shootings helped identify Saucedo as a suspect in the shootings. Castro-Garcia, 19, was fatally shot on June 10, 2016.

The first shooting happened on March 17, 2016, when a Nissan drove past two teenagers, pulled a U-turn and a man inside the vehicle opened fire, hitting a 16-year-old boy in the arm, abdomen and hip.

Stefanie Ellis, 33, her 12-year-old daughter, Maleah, and a friend, Angela Linner, 31, were killed outside their home on June 12, 2016.

Shots were fired into a vehicle on July 11, 2016; a man and a 4-year-old boy inside escaped unhurt.

Pastrana said she spearheaded a neighborhood effort to encourage residents to talk to police.

Like this: